Updated January 1, 2016
All students and parents must agree to the policies found on this page before registering for classes at BroadwayKids&Company School of Performing Arts (BKCSPA). If you do not agree with our policies, our automatic registration system will not allow you to complete your registration. Please read our policies thoroughly before registering for classes. Please note: policies are subject to change.
Students must be 3 years of age by January 1, 2016 to register for the BKCSPA season 2016-2017. Families wishing to register students under the age of 3 must contact the office.
We use January 1, 2016 as a guideline for all classes. The director can move students based on skill level. All recreational students must register for their age appropriate class.
- Monthly tuition payments are due by the first of each month. This is mandatory through online auto tuition.
- 10% late fee is added to all unpaid tuition on the 10th of each the month.
- There is no pro-rated tuition for missed classes, vacations, holidays or cancelled classes due to weather. Students can make up excused absences called in or emailed prior to the student’s scheduled class. Unattended classes will not be refunded or pro-rated.
- Tuition must be paid in order for your child to hold their spot in class.
- Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable. If there is an unforeseen financial problem, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- $25 fee for all bounced checks
- Adding classes can be done online by logging into your account via our website.
- Classes must be dropped before the 1st of the month or you will be charged. Contact the office to drop classes. For questions please contact the office.
- All private lessons must be canceled at least 24 hours prior to the lesson or your account will be charged for the lesson. Private voice lessons policies will be emailed upon enrollment.
It’s important for students to follow our dress code policy for the following reasons:
- A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teacher, and the art of dance.
- Teachers must be able to see the dancer's body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc. Hair must also be properly secured and tied up off of the face and neck for all styles of dance. We require ballet buns for all ballet classes.
Broadway Babies- Pink or purple leotard with optional skirt attached, pink tights, pink ballet and black patent tap
Petite Stars- Black or Pink Leotard w/ optional skirt attached, pink tights, pink ballet and black patent tap shoes.
Tiny Triple Threats- Black leotard with optional skirt or black jazz shorts, tan or pink tights, black Bloch or Capezio Mary Jane tap shoes, pink ballet shoe, black jazz slip on shoe
Tap- Black jazz pants or shorts, black leotard, tan tights, Bloch black tap shoes
Jazz (Tues)- Black Leotard (any style), black jazz shorts or pants, tan tights, black jazz slip on shoe
Jazz (Mon/Thurs)- Black Leotard (any style), black jazz shorts or pants, tan tights, tan jazz slip on shoe
Acting- Comfortable clothes
Ballet- Black leotard, black/pink skirt optional, pink tights, Capezio or Bloch pink ballet slippers
Lyrical- Black leotard, black jazz shorts or pants, tan convertible tights, tan lyrical shoe
Hip Hop- Comfortable clothes- Jazz sneaker , boot
Acro- Leotard/tank top/sports bra, jazz shorts/jazz pants, convertible tights optional, no shoes/lyrical shoe
190 Flanders Rd
East Lyme, CT
Log in to our studio with code TP69507
BKCSPA has a Classroom "closed door" policy in order to eliminate all outside distractions and to ensure our student's focus is on themselves and their instructors. We follow this policy with one exception, "Observation Weeks". Curtains and doors will be opened and parents are welcome to watch during Observation Week. Thank you in advance for following this policy!
(1) Parents and relatives are asked to remain in our waiting area for their children to eliminate distractions of the students’ learning. Parents can observe class during observation weeks. (2) Everyone is asked to remain in waiting area unless the studio doors are open. Parents are asked to please refrain from speaking with the teaching staff while they are teaching. The teachers are more than happy to discuss any matters or answer any questions in between classes if time allows or after classes via telephone or email; (3) When studio doors are closed, please do not enter unless you are a student who is tardy; (4) A TV/Camera system is in the works for this season
"...life can be pretty hectic and we may feel stretched at times, but there isn't a moment that we do not feel grateful for you. It's truly imperative for us to be a part of the performance arts and nurture our daughter's creativity; and we are truly appreciative for your support and kindness. She is growing in confidence and learning so much thanks to you and all the wonderful dedicated staff.
Please continue doing what you do, as you must know that you're gratefully appreciated!"
- Our monthly newsletter is emailed at the beginning of each month to keep everyone updated on important information, events, vacations, performances, etc. News is also available on our website.
- Newsletters and important information are sent to the email on file. To add additional emails to your account simply login to your account on our website www.broadwaykidsandcompany.com
- Check our bulletin board or visit us online for all important studio information.
- Attendance is very important and vital to the advancement of all students. If a student will be missing class, we ask parents to call or email the office.
- If a student misses 3 or more classes without notice, they will lose their place in class.
- We follow the areas school calendar for all major vacations and holidays. Please refer to our studio calendar on our website.
- If a holiday interferes with classes, refunds will not be given since some months a student will have five classes instead of four. All holidays and vacations will be emailed to families and posted on our website.
- Class cancellations will be announced via email, posted on our website and Facebook. Please check these sources before coming to class if the weather is questionable.
- We do not give class refunds for missed class due to weather.
- Our annual dance productions take place early to mid-June. Venue and Dates TBA. It is a wonderful opportunity for dancers to showcase what they have been working on throughout the year. Performing on a big stage and bright lights encourages independence, confidence and poise in our students! Participation in the recital is not mandatory. Please notify the office if your dancer will not participate in the recital and we will adjust your account.
- 2015-2016 season will have a showcase. Your child may perform in more than one show. We will try to schedule classes so siblings are in the same show.
- A $30 costume deposit for each of the following classes combo, tap, jazz, ballet, hip hop is due by Oct 15th with balances due Feb 1st 2016. Costumes will not be ordered without a deposit.
- Costume deposits are non-refundable.
- If for some reason a class doesn’t order a costume the deposit will be applied to A costume balance or credited to the account.
- Once a costume has been ordered, the balance must be paid in full. No exceptions.
- Costume prices as follow; Babies $80, Combo class $100, Ballet/Acro $60, Single costume $80. $15 fee per costume for extra large adult sizes. Prices do NOT include accessories (gloves, tights, socks, shoes, camisole etc.)
- Accounts must be up-to-date in order for students to receive their costumes.
- All accounts must be paid in full before students can perform in our show.
- Our annual Theatre productions take place in the winter and spring. Venue and Dates TBD. Rehearsals are on Sat’s and as needed for the eight weeks prior to the show. Technical week is the week before the show at the venue.
- Students enrolled in Acting/Voice classes and Broadway Jazz are invited to play a role in our annual theatre productions.
- Winter Show- TBD
- Production deposits are non-refundable.
- The Spring musical will be in March, cost is TBD and varies per show and will be communicated by Oct 2015.
- Accounts must be up-to-date in order for students to receive their scripts.
- All accounts must be paid in full before students can perform in our show.
- Placement of students is subject to the professional opinion of the teaching staff. The teaching staff will always consult the Artistic Director for all final placement decisions. Students will be placed in classes not necessarily based on their age group but also based on their ability level, dedication, determination, personal growth and attitude.
- Our job is to make sure every student gets the most out of our classes, which is why we ask that parents and students agree with our decision on class placement. Proper placement is necessary for the enjoyment and continuity of training for all students. Providing individualized training is very important to us and although students are usually placed in classes according to age and ability, they may not always remain with the same classmates each year.
- BKCSPA staff reserves the right to ask a student to take some personal time outside of the classroom if he/she is not actively participating, showing respect, or displaying composure and focus.
- New students will be placed in the appropriate level after a week of class and may be asked to come to more than one level their first week for proper placement.
Concerns must be made to the Artistic Director in writing or during a scheduled meeting. Concerns should be limited to company policies, procedure, and philosophy.
All students who wish to become members of BKCSPA Competitive Team are required to take a certain number of classes per week and must attend a yearly audition for membership. Weekly company rehearsals (in addition to core classes) will be required. Additional fees will apply. Contact Kristin at email@example.com for more information.
Broadwaykids&Company School of Performing Arts is not responsible and will not be held responsible for any and all potential liability, harm or health hazards that may be inflicted upon any student in the studio, waiting area, lobby and parking lot. Also, BKCSPA will not be responsible for any of the students lost personal items. There is a lost and found box in the waiting area. By signing the BKCSPA polices, the undersigned accepts full responsibility for the student and hereby agrees to all of the aforementioned student liability provisions.
- Since each class is a different curriculum, we suggest keeping makeup classes to a minimum. We allow 3 makeup classes per year. Makeup classes are only offered to those students who are excused from class. Excused absences must be called in or emailed to the office before your scheduled class. Students who miss class without notifying the studio prior to their class time are considered absent and are NOT eligible for a makeup class.
- Makeup classes must be taken within 2 weeks of the excused absence. Please see our schedule for details.
- Students must be registered for the class they are making up. Once a student drops a class, they are no longer eligible to make-up classes they missed while enrolled.
- Please keep us informed of personal situations which may call for additional makeup classes.
- CALL (860-691-0060), or EMAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know if you will be missing your regular class.
(1) Our classes are limited for a more interactive student teacher relationship. However, we need at least 5 registered students to keep a class running. Our schedule is subject to change due to class enrollment (2) Students who arrive at their classes late must quietly enter the studios (even if the doors are closed); (3) Warming up is very important! If you are late to class, please warm up in the back of the room before participating in class. This is to ensure that your muscles are warm. If you are more than 15 minutes late please walk in quietly and sit down to observe class; (4) No street shoes allowed in the dance rooms. Please bring an extra pair of shoes for classes; (5) All students must stay inside the studio while waiting for their rides; (6) Students must wear proper cover-ups while in the waiting area and outside the studio. (7) Students cannot be dropped off more than 15 minutes before class without supervision. Students must be picked up within 15 minutes of their last class. (8) I hereby release photo and video footage to BKCSPA.
The students of BKCSPA must give their teachers their undivided attention and respect and support one another at all times.
The Artistic Director has the right to dismiss a dancer at any time they feel their behavior or parent’s behavior is not in keeping with the studio philosophy and policies. No refunds will be given.