About Broadway Kids & Company School Of Performing Arts (BKC)
Broadway Kids & Company, School of Performing Arts was founded in 2000 by owner and Artistic Director Kristin Burrows. The school was started with the goal of passing on the love of musical theatre and dance by creating a positive nurturing environment where young people could explore the arts and build self-confidence, learn to work hard toward something, and have a safe place to grow as individuals as well as work together.
Our school offers a full year round performing arts curriculum with all levels of classes for ages two through adult. Classes are offered in tap, jazz, lyrical, ballet, hip hop, acro, acting, voice, and audition and performance technique. RECREATIONAL - COMPETITIVE - PRE-PROFESSIONAL
- Provides intense, quality learning and performing opportunities in the production and performing arts.
- Provides an atmosphere where young people are encouraged to set goals, take risks and view mistakes as an avenue for learning.
- Surrounds students with a staff of professional artists who serve as mentors and teachers, encouraging our students to commit to a high level of self-expectation.
- Creates awareness that the arts are a constructive vehicle of personal expression.
- Demonstrates to the public the high level of performing and production arts skills that the students are capable of achieving when given proper training.
- A positive learning environment
- A home away from Home
- 3000 square ft studio space featuring 2 fully equipped dance studios, a voice room, waiting/homework areas with free WIFI access
- Educated, experienced faculty
- Convenient morning, afternoon and evening classes in musical theatre, dance, acting, voice and audition techniques for all ages and abilities
- Full scale productions with professional venue, orchestra, lighting, costumes, sets & showcase productions
- Summer sessions culminating in performance
- Focused classes where students are considered “young artists”
- Private lessons, master classes and trips to New York
Our students are invited to audition and play a part in our musicals. We offer several musical opportunities throughout the year. A winter event typically takes place, however, the main stage show is the Spring performance, which take place at a professional venue which have included the Garde Arts Center, Ivoryton Playhouse, and The Katherine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center. Past musicals include Annie '99, '00, ’11, ‘14, Music Man '02, Bye Bye Birdie '03, Oklahoma '04, 42nd Street '05, Into the Woods, Beauty and the Beast '06, Grease '08, Thoroughly Modern Millie '09, Bye Bye Birdie '09, Music Man 2010, Hairspray 2011, Annie 2012, Beauty and the Beast 2013, SHREK the Musical 2014, Wizard of Oz 2015, Bye Bye Birdie 2016 & Hairspray 2016
We offer a Broadway style showcase at the end of the year for all classes.
We have a Dance and Production Team by invitation and audition. Team members attend master classes, conventions and competitions throughout the year. They will also perform for various charitable events and nursing homes.
We offer extensive summer programs for ages 3-Highschool
- Tisch School of the Arts- NYU
- The Boston Conservatory
- University Of CT
- The Hartt School
- Pace University
BKC Alumni are performing and or working in professional theatre and television including The Rachel Ray Show, Eugene O'Neill Theatre Center & Disney